September 23 2020
New Grandstand and Clubhouse
The MVRC has continued to progress the design and planning of the new Moonee Valley Racecourse with the project consultant team. Unfortunately, due to the COVID 19 pandemic activities are slightly behind program; however, the necessary consultation and engagement with key stakeholders in accordance with the planning controls is scheduled to occur late in 2020.
The key inputs of the SUZ Masterplan planning submission will include the following:
- Planning report detailing the site history, heritage, planning framework, and urban design objectives.
- Architectural concept plans that show the general composition of proposed built form.
- Completion of an Integrated Transport Plan as part of the masterplan application including critical elements such as the access strategy, loading, waste, and any other movement/access related items.
- Servicing report to identify servicing requirements and overall Stormwater Management measures per the endorsed Stormwater Strategy.
- Event Management Framework to respond to the various activation modes (Racing & Non-Racing) of the masterplan.
Once the masterplan endorsement process with Council has concluded, the detailed design phase will progress, including the refinement of the racecourse concept design response, the Infield, and the new grandstand.